Tuesday, February 21, 2006

McRib vs. Filet o' Fish

Is the McRib really gone for good? I went on a diet* about a month ago, so I can't vouch for this information being fully updated. But in January I saw a sign at McD's that said: "McRib - A Farewell Tour"... or maybe it said "Final Tour," but it was something to the effect that it's leaving for good soon. I've always considered the McRib entirely underrated. Does anyone know if it's gone for good? If so, what can I do to get McD's to change its mind?

More to the point, why can't they just give the McRib permanent status on the menu? C'mon, if even the Filet o' Fish is permanent, the McRib doesn't deserve to be treated like a step-child. I'm a big McD's fan, and even I won't go near the Filet o' Fish.

* - Refers to an annual January/February ritual in which I lose 30 LB's before putting on 40 LB's during the remaining 10 months.

2 Comments:

Blogger mtan said...

Too bad I had to create a blog to post this, but the scores of FOF which have provided me sustenance demand a defense... So without further delay, the top n reasons why the FOF is superior to the McRib

1. Success speaks for itself. The FOF doesn't need gimmicks like a "farewell tour" or a lobby from the Boneless Pork Farmers of America.
2. The FOF more closely resembles it's real life counterpart. See those striations underneath the golden breading? That says filet.
3. Meat should not be made to look like bones.
4. The FOF is more suited to the diverse melting pot that is America. Kosher? No problem. Halal? Have a bite. I don't think you can say the same for the "unclean" alternative.
5. Any meat covered in that much sauce has to be crap.

I rest my case. Also, it's late and I really should have gone to bed...

11:58 PM  
Blogger Austin said...

On a recent road trip I heard that MickyDs was having 50 nuggets for $7.99 day. I was bummed that I couldn't find a MickyDs. Nuggets trump all other MickyDs food.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home